Sunday, January 2, 2011

Super Hadouken's Top 10 Films of 2010!!


10. Black Swan
- This film was truly twisted. A quality psychological thriller by all means. Natalie Portman was really good in this film and should be considered seriously during awards season.

9. Shutter Island
- Scorseses does it again with this psychological thriller. The script, setting, everything just clicked with this film. And Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing as usual. The twist at the end pushed this to one of the top films of the year.

8. The Book of Eli
- This film was sooo tough! The concept was crazy, Denzel was amazing and the action sequences were incredible. Definitely one of the best action films of the year. I know a lot of people slept on this movie but its definitely in the top 10.

7. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- Ok. This film didn't do as well in the box office as it should have. It was really good. The creativity that was pumped into this project was incredible. The visuals were great and Michael Cera was funny as usual. A future cult classic for sure!

6. The Town
- I'm not particularly fond of Ben Affleck... that was until I saw this movie. He did an amazing job with this film. A classic Boston heist film, The Town is a perfect mix of drama, action and on-screen chemistry. Affleck has definitely redeemed himself with this one. Go see it!
5. Avatar
- There's a reason James Cameron only makes one film like every 5 years. The world is not ready for too many of his films at one time. This film created the 3D fad! By far the best 3D film ever made! Yea I said that. Avatar is visually stunning equipped with a genius concept. Cameron once again proves why he is one of the world's greatest directors.

4. Kick Ass
- Hands down, the best superhero film/ comic book film of 2010. Kick Ass was a perfect mixture of comedy and hardcore action. I've never read the comic but after seeing this, best believe I will. If this is what an R-rated superhero film looks like bring 'em on! I loved this movie.

3. Inception
- Mind-blowing! That's all I can say about Inception. Christopher Nolan is quickly making a name for himself in this business. He is really a problem right now. Its hard to imagine what kind of mind could dream up such a concept but it does exist and its just scary. I loved this movie. I can watch the hotel fight scene all day long. Its simply amazing cinematography and the action never stops. If you haven't seen it yet, prepare to have your mind blown.

2. Toy Story 3
- One of the best reviewed films of the year for good reason. I'm simply in love with this movie. It was like an on-screen adaption of my childhood. It is brimming with nostalgia and is one of the only films that could bring me to tears. A perfect ending to a wonderful franchise and is a very close second for the best film of year. And I do mean close. I see Oscars in this film's future. A lot of them.

1. The Social Network
- This film was simply spectacular! When this movie was announced, I was one of the people who laughed in disgust but I must say, my expectations were exceeded insurmountably. Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher took a concept with little potential and turned it to one of the greatest films of our generation. I can watch this film over and over and over and still want to watch it again. It was great to see how one of the most successful social networks of our time materialized by means of engaging story telling and breath-taking cinematography. Soooo entertaining! If this doesn't win Best Picture, I will be very surprised.

Honorable Mentions:
Get Him to the Greek, Buried, The Other Guys, The Kids Are All Right

*Yo, cuzzos! There are a few films that I haven't gotten a chance to see that I know would be potentials for this list like The Fighter, Tron: Legacy, True Grit, 127 Hours, and The Kings Speech so don't get upset because they're not on the list. It's not because I don't like 'em, its beacuse I can't judge 'em unless I've seen 'em. But I'mma see them pronto and let you guys know what I think about 'em. Stay Up and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails