Friday, May 27, 2011

Full Video of Michael Bay and James Cameron Discussing 3D and It's Future!




Here's a excerpt:

JAMES CAMERON I actually think that all films benefit from 3D in varying degrees. But when I heard that you were considering 3D, I thought, "Man, I gotta talk Michael into this somehow," because the marriage of your technical filmmaking and action, and the lucidity of the shot design that you create -- these long, evolving shots that just go and go until your jaw's dropping -- I thought, "I've got to see that in 3D." But I also knew that there were some impediments to that because you shoot really fast.

BAY A lot of live stuff, all real.

CAMERON Yeah, exactly. And the cameras came down in size, and then they went back up in size, now they're coming back down again.

BAY You bullshitted. You said, "Oh, we got a handheld." And you don't have a handheld.

CAMERON Yeah, we do.

BAY You were like, "Oh, we put it on a Steadicam." I heard from people that you broke your back. (Laughs.)

CAMERON That's actually not true. On Avatar, I operated everything but the Steadicam stuff myself. We had a handheld rig. The movie was probably about one-third handheld. The problem is, the DPs were not satisfied with the cameras we used on Avatar, so they were more demanding about dynamic range and lensing and things like that. Then the rigs all got huge again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails