Saturday, July 11, 2009

Who is Green Lantern?!

Aiight, cuzzo. It was reported earlier today that they narrowed the casting of the Green Lantern to three finalist. Ryan Reynolds (Blade III, Wolverine), Bradley Cooper (The Hangover)and Justin Timberlake (Alpha Dog). Ok first of all, why?!! Justin Timberlake though? He was really good in Aplha Dog and everything but I think he would make a really bad Hal Jordan. I can't imagine how they would consider him. He's a pretty good actor and all, but this is just not a good part for him. Check it out for yourself: [Green Lantern Finalist Article]


Anyway later in the day, it was reported that Ryan Reynolds was indeed given the role as Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern movie. This isn't as bad as Justin Timberlake being the Green Lantern but this still isnt satisfying for me. Reynolds is fresh off his role as Deadpool in the Wolverine movie and he was perfect. It seems like these people doing casting are getting lazy. Why are they getting the same people to play different superheroes? You mean to tell me, you couldn't find any other actor on Earth to play this character? It just screws up the two universes. (DC and Marvel) Dont get me wrong Reynolds is one of my favorite actors, but seeing him as Deadpool and Green Lantern kind of ruins the experience. Check out the article: [Green Lantern Casted Article] I'll definitely see it even though I don't exactly agree with its direction. How do ya'll feel about their decision? Am I wrong for being mad about this? It's supposed to come out July 17th 2011 so stay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails