Monday, September 7, 2009

The Final Destination Review

Aiight, cuzzo. I just peeped New Line Cinema's newest thriller, The Final Destination 3D, and I thought... it was pretty crazy. I went in expecting a fun thriller with a lot of blood and gore and that's what I got. After watching three previous movies with the same plot structure, I was no longer expecting mind-provoking plot devices, but I simply excepted it for what it was, crazy and creative death sequences. And in that department, I was very satisfied. My reaction to this quadrilogy is similar to my reaction to the Saw series. At this point, I'm numb to the plot twists so I enjoy them solely for the gadgets and traps.

Anyway, the deaths were over the top but entertaining. I mean, the ways these people
died were outta control. And the suspense was amazing. I was literally on the edge of my seat, waiting to see how these people were going to die. And the 3D took the deaths over the top! The 3D effects started out a little shaky in the beginning but they gradually hit their marks as the movie progressed. I found myself cringing more than once (and I never cringe!) so this movie succeeded in what it set out to do.

Overall, it was an entertaining movie going experience. It wasn't the movie of the summer but simply a teen thriller that did its job- keep me amused for an hour and a half. It was way better than Final Destination 3 but not as good as the first two movies. I think the series should definitely end here on a somewhat good note before people start to really resent them. I don't recommend this movie for the weak of heart but if you're a fan of bloody and gory films, check out FD3D and stay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails