Friday, August 7, 2009

Observe and Report Late Review

Aiight, cuzzo. I just watched Observe and Report starring Seth Rogen and it was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! I just finished watching it a couple minutes ago and I'm so angry at myself for not seeing in theaters. It was so good. It was good to the point where, even though it came out April 10th, 2009, I still wanted to give a little review on it, hence the title Late Review. I'm actually kind of glad I saw it late so now I can do more Late Reviews, but let's get to it.

Observe and Report centers around a bi-polar mall security guard, Ronnie (played by Seth Rogen), who is called into action to stop a flasher. But when Ronnie can't bring the culprit to justice, a douche bag police detective (played by Ray Liotta), is recruited to close the case and hilarity ensues.

First off, this movie was funny from beginning to end, I'm talking non-stop laughing. I didn't want it to end. I saw trailers for this earlier this year and I kind of expected it to be pretty good but I didn't expect it to be like this. Its really weird that this movie flew under the radar like it did. I haven't really heard anything about it, which I don't get because this movie was up there with the Hangover and Superbad. Granted it was more of a darker comedy than those two but it really works.

Seth Rogen really showed his versatility in this one. He was able to play a very dark and disturbed character while making me laugh uncontrollably. Ronnie's partner, Dennis (played by Michael Pena), was insane and funny as hell. And the endidng was perfect. Overall, Observe and Report is a high quality comedy and it only makes me an even bigger fan of Seth Rogen. If you are late like me and haven't seen it, definitely peep it. If you have seen it, what did you think about?

As far as the Late Reviews go, I might do Ong Bak 2, Full Metal Jacket, Swordfish, the list goes on and on. I don't know yet but stay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails